Sunday, June 15, 2008

Dad's Day!

I know I am the luckiest person in the world. I have a great dad, and the little girl who is the love of my life has a great dad. I am grateful for this day when we actually take a moment to recognize important men in our life for the many things they have done for us. Rich's unending patience with Abby constantly amazes me. I've been impressed as I have watched his evolution in thinking. Before we had Abby, he wanted be the "cool" dad when his daughter brought home a date. Now, he would like to send any little boy packing who even walks within 10 feet of her. His qualities don't stop at just patience and protectiveness. Rich is fun, loving, and he is wonderful at spending time with Abby. He even made up a song just for her, it's called the "This Daddy Song", and he sings it to her every night as he puts her to bed. Thanks, Rich! You are the best!


And, here is Abby's tribute to Rich on Father's Day...(she is much more entertaining than me)

2 comments:

Amelia said...

"Whaaaaaaaaaaat?" So cute!

Meg Rogers said...

Oh goodness Kristl! How did you get her to perform on command like that? That is priceless...she is too cute. Happy Father's Day Rich! You are the man :)

One thing though...please don't gun down Henry when he hits on Abby in a few years.