Friday, September 5, 2008

Matt the Moose

Today was Matt's 2 month check-up. We knew we had a big boy, and the doctor agreed (the first thing out of her mouth was, "Wow! He's beefy.")
So, at two months Matt weighs 13 lbs, 8 oz., which puts him in the 90th percentile. And, he is 23 inches long (which is about 50th percentile). He went from 7 lbs, 5 oz at two weeks to this weight, which means he has gained about a pound a week! I am going to need to start lifting weights just to have the strength to carry this kid around.

For a little comparrsion, Abby at two months weighed 9 lbs, 8 oz, and was 21.5 inches long (Abby has ranged from the 5th to 25th percentile in weight since she was born).
It has been so funny to have a big baby after having such a tiny one first. We love it! And besides, boys are supposed to be big and beefy, right?

6 comments:

Katie said...

...and super cute! Thanks for sharing the picture! Hooray for big boys. I'm so glad that he is healthy (and happy, at least according to his picture).

Amelia said...

That is so hilarious to see the comparison... How are you doing with two?

The NC Merrill's said...

Cute...I love chunky babies! It was so fun to see you and your fam in SLC. Your kids are adorable. I love Abby's personality. I need a copy of that group picture so I can blog about you!

Naomi said...

Yay, beefy babies rule! Savannah is a "healthy" baby too. :) I'm so glad to see that Matt is doing so well. I hope that you all are great also. We love y'all and think of you always. Love from Texas!

Emily said...

Matt is a stud! I love the little grin on his face, did you just feed him before this picture or is he just always that happy?

Lisa B. said...

What an awesome baby! He looks great. I especially love those goofy smiles in the middle of super-chubby cheeks. Well done, you!