Tuesday, January 22, 2008

The Best Two Years

I feel like Abby can't possibly be getting so big, but she is. Yesterday we celebrated her second birthday. It wasn't the party we originally had planned, (more "barfing" going on in our house) but I think it was still a success.
In this picture, Abby is just a few days old. We suspected from the beginning she would be a headstrong person, we were right (and we love it- most of the time).
Abby has an obsession with food. It amazes me that she doesn't even weigh 21 pounds yet, she eats like there is no tomorrow- it would seem that she inherited Rich's metabolism. Her favorite foods are pizza and beans & rice, but she doesn't like meat.
Abby LOVES music and insists on being sung to every night before she goes to bed.
Abby is not a cuddly baby, she never really has been, but when you read to her she will cozy up next to you and put her hand on your arm. These are some of my favorite moments. Also she will use you as a footstool.
After an evening of pizza & presents we topped things off with a birthday grahm cracker- we promise to make it up to her with a real birthday cake this weekend.
Happy Birthday, sweet Abby! We love you!

5 comments:

Sophia said...

I can only imagine how fast two years goes by. So sweet. The polka dot dress is to die for!

Amelia said...

I agree about the dress. Happy Birthday cute girl!

Elysa said...

Happy Birthday Abby! Lake and I continue to be big fans. I hope to see some pictures in that darling polka dot dress.

Kimberly Porter said...

Happy, happy birthday Abby! She gets cuter and cuter every time I see her (or a picture of her, to be more precise).

Deya Love said...

I also want to see pictures of the dress! Happy Birthday Abby! As far as the cake goes...I can't come make one :), but I have an idea for you. Since she loves pizza so much, what if you made a dessert pizza for her birthday cake? Basically a sugar cookie dough, cream cheese icing, and fruit. possible chocolate drizzle on top. :)