Friday, November 7, 2008

Taken Over

Unfortunately I didn't dare take a real picture of our bed this morning for fear of waking our crazy kids, so you get to see my artistic (okay, pathetic attempt at art) interpretation of the night. Matt is a permanent fixture in our bed from about 4-5 am on, every night. That's the point when I no longer have the energy to get up after feeding him and put him back in his own bed. Abby is usually great about sleeping in her own bed, but early this morning, after I had just finished feeding Matt, I heard a huge crash followed by a very sad wail. Despite the two guard rails, Abby had fallen out of her bed. So, I went in to comfort her. I offered to lay by her for a few minutes, but she kept crying and said she wanted to come in with us. I really like my sleep and sleeping conditions are never ideal when you have a foot in your face, or get head-bonked multiple times. But, call me a sucker, I love having my babies close to me. Thank goodness for huge beds.

5 comments:

The Phillips said...

Get used to it. It's only just begun. Ha Ha Ha....

Naomi said...

I am impressed by your illustration! I havent figured out how to do diagrams yet.
I know what you mean about being too tired to put the baby back to bed... I can't imagine sharing the bed with more. Best of luck to yall.
I thought that you would get a good snicker over the voting video. Glad that you enjoyed it.
Love from TX!

Amelia said...

Ah yes, the head bonk, my personal favorite of all the joys of sharing a bed with small children!

Kimberly Porter said...

Ummm...Nathan sleeps with us from when we put him to bed, until he wakes up. We don't even try anymore to put him in the bassinet. We've gotten lazy. I'm impressed that Matt's only in there an hour with you a night! :)

Emily said...

We should start a support group. Parents-who-Sleep-with-Multiple- Children-in-their-Bed-and-therefore get-Crappy-Sleep-Themselves, otherwise known as:
PSMCBCST
Ok, so it's a working title...