Friday, February 15, 2008

Our Version of a Really Dumb "Holiday"

Ya, so I am not a huge fan of Valentine's Day. I think it's a day for the card, flower, and chocolate companies to make an extra buck. It's not that I am not a romantic, I just don't think that you should be told to be all lovey on a specified day, I want random, unexpected romance. Okay, enough of my ranting. We did decide to celebrate, but with our own twist. We actually stole the idea from one of our favorite families in Charlottesville. We celebrated as a family and we had a theme to the evening. We were also lucky enough to share the evening with our friends Megan and Henry. This year the theme was Brazil. I made Brazillian black beans, they were a little dry. At least the pina coladas were delicious!



We finished the night off by decorating some cookies, Abby and Henry loved this activity. They both ended up eating more frosting than cookie.

Rich's tribute to a Brazillian Valentine's Day.



5 comments:

Kimberly Porter said...

Oh, we LOVE Brazillian night at the Nelsons! Lucky, lucky, lucky. What about the Brazillian Stroganoff? That's my favorite, you know. :)

Sophia said...

If Curtis ever catches of glimpse of Settlers of Catan in the background of the top picture he will be knocking down your door every night begging to play, just a warning. How are you feeling?

Amelia said...

That sounds like so much fun, esp. the pina coladas!

Meg Rogers said...

Thanks for letting us share the evening with you. It was delicious and those Pina Coladas will definitely be happening again soon :) By the way, I declined the sugar cookie trying to be good, but ate both of them you sent home for Kevin. I had NO IDEA you made such a mean sugar cookie!!
-Meg

Elysa said...

Valentine's Day is a poor excuse to pick a person's pocket every February 14th! Sounds like a fun new tradition (much better than Lake and my plans-working late)