Friday, July 11, 2008

Boobs and Good Manners

I debated whether or not I should post this first story, but it is pretty dang funny. And so, in the spirit of documenting the various happenings in our lives...here goes.

A few weeks ago, as Abby and I were driving home, we had the following conversation:

Abby: Mom, do you have boobs?

Mom: (Quick, think of something to divert her attention...Oh crap, we might as well talk about it.) Yes, Abby, I do.

Abby: Can I have some?

Mom: Uhhhhh. Well, what would you do with them?

Abby: Put them on my stomach!

(If that is the case, I have had mine in the wrong place all these years. How embarrassing!)


We have tried really hard to teach Abby good manners. It's definitely a labor of love, but she seems to be picking some things up. A number of nights ago, Rich was getting Abby ready for bed (quick side note: Abby has been going through a major "mom phase") and she was really upset that he was the one changing her and not me. She started kicking Rich and yelling, "Get away, get away!" Rich responded by telling her that she needed to be nice. Abby very quickly retorted, "May you PLEASE get away!"

7 comments:

Naomi said...

Hilarious! Abby is great. And to think that I too have had boobs in the wrong place all these years! lol.

Amelia said...

Those are some great stories.
Thank you for the memories. I have so many funny memories of you, how about these for starters!
Hanging at your cousin's house, going to President's Ball (blind date for me, oy vey!) (PS When did I get all the guys at church dances although were you there when I asked Ryan Shupe to dance?!?)Our fun apartment, trips to St. George, going to my mom's house to do laundry, how awesome a friend you are that you would let me borrow your car to go get haircuts and other silly things. You are AMAZING and I am so glad to call you my friend. PS You should do the memory meme so that more people can post fun memories!

Kimberly Porter said...

Ha! Someone has been talking about nursing around Abby quite frequently, huh? I hope Joshy doesn't start asking about boobs in 2 months. Hopefully it's just a girl thing.

Meg Rogers said...

I love that you posted those stories, Kristl. You won't regret it, but Abby will...as it should be. I'm going to try that one on Kevin next time he is pesting me..."May you PLEASE go away Kevin?" Who knows, maybe I have just been forgetting my manners.

Sherrie said...

Sophia knows the words breasts, tampons, panty liners, uterus, menstral cycle and vulva, but mostly she calls all of these things, "womens" and asks when she is going to get her "womens". Awesome.

Emily said...

Tell Abby that someday she can have boobs on her stomach, with the help of age and gravity! Sidenote, when I feed Simon, Gabe refers to it as "Bra-milk" which I think is cute and will never correct.

The Kelton Hansens said...

so funny that she just asked you about that because a few days ago, maddie was poking my hooters and said "mom, what's dis?" and, in the same rush of thoughts as you had, out pops "those are my ta-tas"! so now maddie calls them that, as in "mom, i'm getting mine ta-tas when i'm bigger"...maybe abby will show her where they go!